Summertime calls for unfussy ingredients and meals that highlight those flavors-- I've nicknamed this pizza for the season because it does both.
I felt especially indulgent enjoying this dish. Peaches, basil fresh from the garden and a balsamic reduction glazing each piece was the perfect paring for a warm summer night.
pizza dough (I bought mine from Trader Joe's)
2 ripe peaches sliced
goats cheese (or mozzarella)
1/2 or more of basil
1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) Roll out pizza dough and top with crumbled goats cheese then the slices of peaches then a sprinkling of parmesan cheese
3) Bake in oven for about 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown
4) Meanwhile reduce 1/2 cup of balsamic in a small saucepan until it thickens noticeably, then let cool
5) When pizza is ready, remove from oven, top with basil and drizzle with balsamic reduction sauce